Saturday, October 13, 2012

Coming out to the world ...

So the reason I havent blogged in over a month is because I didnt know how to show you all my nubs LOL Ive always had either arcylic tips or gel overlays on my nails since the 7th grade. I cant even remember the last time Ive seen my nails ''natural''. I decided last month to try growing my nails out without the assistance of a nail salon. I purchased some cuticle oils and treatments from different brands.Im currently using Nail tek nail theraphy II and their cuticle oil. At first I was using poshe 4-1 basecoat which I did like. I apologize for not sharing this with you guys sooner but I didnt feel you guys would want to see swatches on my little nubbies =( Let me know what you guys think or recommend for weak nails.
This is my left hand after the second cut down which was a few days ago. 

My right hand
 
These are my pass two manicures which I absolutely adore. I mean who doesnt like a purple holo ? 
2 coats gave me complete coverage and the application was amazing. This is Jade fascinio violeta if you cant see the name on the bottle. 
Another one of my favorites. Gosh Holographic. It took me forever to get my hands on this baby but boy was it worth it. My only complaints would be the size or the polish and the application. I had to do 3 coats to get complete coverage and no patchy spots =( 

Isnt she pretty ? This polish has a strong linear holo 

Gosh is a must have IMO even with the application issues its still worth it LOL Thanks for reading snickerdoodles *Smooches*


13 comments:

  1. Awwww your nubbins look nice Neeka! No worries, natural nails are a wonderful adventure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh...I'm so proud of you for getting rid of the overlays! They will be so much easier when they get a little stronger!

    The best recommendation I have is to be patient. Your nails will need time to get back in shape.

    The holos look great on your nubbins too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your nubs! Keep up the good work! I drooled over the Jade!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww thanks ladies Im trying to stay strong bc this is freeing up more money to spend on nail polish LOL Im glad yall like my nubbins and Brittany isnt it sexy ? =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You nubbies look cute and healthy. You are going to have some much more fun now sporting your own :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nubbins are fine and I think alot of polishes look better on shorter nails anyway. Power to the natural nail! I said last time mine was removed, no more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your natural nails look so healthy! The Jade does look stunning on you to and YAY you got the Nail Tek. I hope you love it as much as I do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with everyone else that your nubbins look great! I thought I'd add my two cents about nail treatments though. I suffer from severe and chronic anemia which sometimes results in my nails barely growing at all, and when they do, they split, peel and crack constantly because they're so brittle. I became obsessed with polish about 5 months ago and hoped to find a treatment that would strengthen my nails and speed up their growth. I tried a couple of the NailTek treatments and some others (with ingredients like garlic, keratin, silk protein, etc.) with little to no improvement and resigned myself to only having nubbins to polish due to my condition. (So sad and disappointed!) Then I stumbled across reviews of "Orly Nailtrition" on Makeupalley and decided to give it a try, not really expecting much. Let me tell you that I saw results almost immediately! I was shocked! Although my nails were very thin due to peeling, I saw accelerated growth in about 5 days. I've been using it as my base coat consistently for 6 weeks even though the directions say 2 weeks at a time and my nails have continued to grow healthy and fast; they are now nearly the length and thickness I took for granted before I developed anemia. (For most of my life I only wore clear polish, but I had long strong nails that people oohhed and ahhed over! LOL) An added bonus is the pearly pink finish that gives your nails a glow if you want to wear it alone. I'm sorry this post is so long, but I really feel like the Nailtrition was a great choice...I hope you try it and get the same results. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks El Im liking Nailtek alot at the moment. I didnt know being anemic could affect your nails. Ive heard alot of good things about Orly nailtrition but my sally's doesnt carry it anymore =( I want to find it so I can test a few every few months to see which work best. Thanks for your recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know you had responded to my comment and I just came across your post. Just wanted to let you know I order a lot of stuff from Transdesign.com. They have great prices and stock...I love 'em! :-)

      Delete
  10. I agree with everyone else that your nubbins look great

    i like that

    but i am thinking something different . . .
    if know more . . .

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting.Do not leave your blog links in the comments unless you have tagged me in a post or it will be deleted.Thanks again =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...